Who went to sleep at halftime last night? Yours truly. Five years of this stupid fucking blog and I miss one of the biggest wins in quite a while. It’s like going to a gangbang and finishing up before the women even arrive. Sure, you can relish in the fact that fun was had by all the next morning, but it’s just not the same.
Honestly, I had a good feeling about the second half. UD put on a horrible shooting display, missing point-blank attempts and having several long-range efforts spin in and out. I expected the Flyers to outscore the Zags in the second half, but certainly not by fourteen points.
Five quick takeaways:
(1) Dayton won a three-point shooting contest (which is basically what college basketball is at this stage) against one of the best perimeter offenses in the country. The Flyers connected on 43% of their long-rangers, Gonzaga hit just 26% of theirs.
(2) Kendall Pollard came in a showed the kind of toughness we’ve been hearing about. The freshman scored nine important points and provided energy when he was on the floor.
(3) Devon Scott is our starting center.
(4) UD got nothing, zero, from Vee Sanford, and Dyshawn Pierre struggled from the field.
(5) Jordan Sibert is the kind of player that can carry a team when necessary. This is something UD hasn’t had in a long, long time.
Lastly, have we started insipid discussions about where Dayton will be ranked next week? Yes? Great, right on schedule.
Baylor today, strap up.
Tom Blackburn is a proud U. o' D. alum. He loses faith in humanity one day at a time, but not in you, you seem like you are all kinds of alright. Charter member of the T-Man fanclub.