Another sleepwalking performance by the Flyers, as they drudged up enough effort to pull out a 73-64 victory over previously “undefeated” Eastern Michigan. The Weeble-Wobble, Kendall Pollard, led the charge, scoring a career-high 16 points and a game-high 9 rebounds. The sophomore forward continues to impress with his play, seemingly gaining confidence by the minute. Coming into this season, the main concern was getting consistent play from UD’s frontcourt. Pollard’s play to this point has alleviated some of the anxiety. He’s an energy guy that can do a little bit of this, a little bit of that (not going to mention his free-throw shooting today, let’s keep it casual.)
Speaking of foul shots, the Flyers struggled mightily in that department this afternoon. Dayton went 26-of-44 (59%) from the line, that won’t cut it against….well, if UD ever plays a team with a pulse they’ll need to hit their freebies.
- Scoochie played a solid game — 10 points, 6 boards and 5 assists
- UD attempted just 14 three-pointers, tying their season low (Flyers shot 14 vs. UConn)
- The students seem to be buying in this season, showing up early and often
- Are we sure we need Ryan Bass?
- Is Darrell Davis going to show anything this year? Was the Alabama A&M game just a mirage?
- Why did Archie tell us Bobby Wehrli was going to play in every game and then staple him to the bench?? You can tell this bugs me more than it should.
The Flyers wrap up their embarrassing part of the schedule this Tuesday against Bowling Green. Fayetteville will be the next destination and then Brian Gregory, who lost to USC-Upstate today, and Ole Miss come calling (there’s a pink-socker against Boston U thrown in there for recreational purposes). With the reputation of the Atlantic Ten dwindling by the day, it’d be wise for the Cagers to finish out their non-conference slate with some impressive performances.
Tom Blackburn is a proud U. o' D. alum. He loses faith in humanity one day at a time, but not in you, you seem like you are all kinds of alright. Charter member of the T-Man fanclub.